Hello All! I know I have been woefully absent when it comes to updating my blog. However, 13 units is an awful lot when you have been out of school for (ahem) many years. I have newfound respect for Celeste, and all of her friends who take 16 - 19 units and still get terrific grades.
One thing that has been a great surprise to me is how tough T'ai Chi is. Not physically, but emotionally! I have never been terribly co-ordinated, and this requires a lot of hand-and-foot movements that confound the heck out of me. I finally asked the instructor if I could tape her doing the form. She agreed and that was helping - until I sprained my ankle last week. There is a lot of pivoting and changing the percentage of weight borne on each side, and it is torture. I think I'll baby the ankle a little bit longer. Old-ish ligaments take a while to heal.
Modern Art is different than any class I have ever had. TONs of information. Luckily I have a pretty good memory, and so I don't have as difficult a time as a lot of my fellow students.
Oh! One more surprise. The youngsters are, in general, so nice. They treat me as a peer. One day a guy in my art class yells across the cafeteria, "SHEILA! Sit over here with us!" And everyone at the table introduced themselves, and made sure they said, "nice to meet you" when they left. I was not prepared to be impressed, but I am.
Yeah Sheila!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear school is going well. I am jealous, I'm taking one whole on-line class and it is killing me. Initialy I was shooting for an A, then a solid B, now I am thinking I will be lucky to pul off a low C. I don't know if I should drive on or just call it as a lost cause. I hate to destroy my grade point average and hate to think I will work so long to get a low grade. I hate the semester systems. I have always liked sprinting over long distance running and I guess its showing. I have a mid-term coming up so I guess I will hold out at least that long.
On a side note I think one of the reasons you blend in so well with your fellow students is because you look so young. Seriously I think you have some fountain of youth in your back yard. Us guys with all our white hair want to know your secret.
Hey Mom, you definitely shouldn't feel bad about thinking 13 credits is a lot - remember that I'm technically only taking 12 right now :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your ankle, that sucks.
And Uncle Wayne is right, you probably blend in because you don't look your age. My 21-year-old roommate has more grey hair than you do, what's up with that? Please let me have inherited your lack-of-aging genes, please...
Well, you two (and my fellow students) do not see me at 0630, before I've had my coffee! I do feel pretty lucky in the hair department - although I've noticed a few more silver strands in there lately. But, I save a lot on salon trips. AND, I think my glasses hide a lot of my wrinkles. I tried some contacts earlier (I'd like to be able to "dress up" sometimes w/o specs) and I could see every one!
ReplyDeleteAnd you two are way too kind. I thank you, and will remember your encouragement tomorrow at 0630 when I look in the mirror!
ReplyDelete