Good for you for being brave enough to take care of your teeth.
I always wondered what would convince a person older than a teenager to get braces. I thought it was just vanity. Then my dentist recommended that I get evaluated for braces. I like my teeth and I really don't want to loose any of them because of bite problems, but I really did not want braces. We did something else that may or may not work and I still might have to get braces. So I may be joining you.
Wow Suzette, I never would have imagined you had anything wrong with your teeth. I guess it is something that we pay more attention to in our kids. I don't blame you for not wanting braces. I chose them because I feared that when they hurt too much I wouldn't put a retainer back in. But, I'll tell you, I despise the braces. They can't come out soon enough for me. I know that I will be glad I did it, but grrrrrr. Good luck to you and you have my empathy and sympathy.
And I meant to say that when my TEETH hurt, is when I might not put the retainer back in. I should only have to wear the braces for ~6 months. Then I will have a wire put on the inside to keep the teeth in place, so I don't think that I will have to wear a retainer. I will never have a correct bite, though. Should have had that corrected when I was a kid, but we didn't have the money, and/or since they looked pretty good my parents didn't worry about it, and I didn't know any better. :)
Cute! How exciting :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you for being brave enough to take care of your teeth.
ReplyDeleteI always wondered what would convince a person older than a teenager to get braces. I thought it was just vanity. Then my dentist recommended that I get evaluated for braces. I like my teeth and I really don't want to loose any of them because of bite problems, but I really did not want braces. We did something else that may or may not work and I still might have to get braces. So I may be joining you.
Hope you don't have to wear them too long.
Wow Suzette, I never would have imagined you had anything wrong with your teeth. I guess it is something that we pay more attention to in our kids.
ReplyDeleteI don't blame you for not wanting braces. I chose them because I feared that when they hurt too much I wouldn't put a retainer back in. But, I'll tell you, I despise the braces. They can't come out soon enough for me. I know that I will be glad I did it, but grrrrrr.
Good luck to you and you have my empathy and sympathy.
And I meant to say that when my TEETH hurt, is when I might not put the retainer back in. I should only have to wear the braces for ~6 months. Then I will have a wire put on the inside to keep the teeth in place, so I don't think that I will have to wear a retainer. I will never have a correct bite, though. Should have had that corrected when I was a kid, but we didn't have the money, and/or since they looked pretty good my parents didn't worry about it, and I didn't know any better. :)
ReplyDelete