Monday, April 12, 2010

This is from my self-portrait assignment, due this Wednesday.  I set up my camera on a tripod and used the self-timer.  I can set it to take as many as 9 shots, about 5 seconds apart.  Really cool.  I think people driving by must have thought I was a bit nuts.  So, now they know the truth as the rest of you all do.  Because I named this folder "Self-Portrait Assignment," when it was loading up for this blog, it came up as "Self-Portrait Ass."  Ha!  You are all so lucky that that is not the literal truth!

This assignment was a wake-up call as far as my looks/age.  The reason I like THIS  picture is because it is from far enough away that you don't see all my wrinkles and gray hair.  Yes, I've earned every one of them, but that doesn't mean that I want to see them every time I look in the mirror.  If I could just keep everyone about 10 feet away...
Thank goodness Warren has finally got Presbyopia and can't see me too well when we are really close.  I think that was a pretty cagey move on the part of the Creator.  I also was surprised that I preferred the pictures I took without my glasses on to those with.

Wish me luck on my grade!

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous from here. And you shouldn't undervalue the fact that you earned any lines you may or MAY NOT have....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Honey. When you are next home I will show you a photo that proves the existence of my wrinkles, as well as a picture where I look even better than the one here! The wonders of photography....

    ReplyDelete